Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My First Girlfriend Was Action Jackson

Luke Ford says:

My parents and I left the Seventh-Day Adventist church in August 1980 (I’m talking practically, not bureaucratically).

We moved to Auburn, California, where my dad started Good News Unlimited, a non-denominational evangelical Christian foundation aka the invisible church of Jesus Christ.

I entered ninth grade at the non-denomination evangelical Forest Lake Christian School.

For the first time in my life, I made friends with non-Seventh-Day Adventists.

I was miserable. I was a nobody (I used to be known as Desmond Ford’s son, my dad was a bigshot in Adventism, out of it, not so much, anyway, it’s not like status matters that much to me, I’m more interested in the things of the spirit like faith, hope and love).

My knees had cracked up so I couldn’t jog anymore. I had nothing I was good at. I yearned for mastery and decided that journalism would be my thing. That would be my ticket to get lots of hot chicks to sleep with me.

I finished my first semester of high school with a 1.2 GPA. I flunked two classes (Spanish and Algebra).

The next year, I went to public school for the first time — Placer High School. It was easier. I passed all my classes.

Read On



No comments: