Friday, July 22, 2011

I View Myself As A Fearless Truth-Teller

Luke Ford writes: Yet I have all the same feelings as a normal human being.

When I am writing, I am using all of my senses. I am the receptive to everything the universe sends me.

When I read my work publicly, or when I publish it, I strap on my armor to steel myself to the reactions. I keep telling myself, “I don’t care what they think.”

I don’t buy it when people say, “I don’t care what other people think.” I’ve never met anyone of whom it was true and I am glad. Such a person would be a psychopath.

People often get the impression from me that I don’t care what other people think. That is not true. I care intensely what other people think. If you prick me, do I not need bleed? If you rub my tummy, do I not stand tall?



No comments: