Saturday, July 23, 2011

I Want To Connect To My Deepest Purpose

Luke Ford writes: I want to make it big. I want to be huge. I want to feel full of purpose and passion. I want to get up every morning eager to tackle the day. I want to see the path ahead and I want to feel confident that I can navigate the way. As long as I have the why, I can figure out the how.

I generally connect to my deepest purpose through God. He helps me feel passionate. If I feel like I am doing God’s will, then I feel full and strong and driven. I like it when I’m doing mitzvahs (divine commandments) and I believe they come from God and that by doing them, I am developing myself in a good direction and I am a blessing to those around me.

Connecting with those around me, that’s probably more important to my happiness than connecting with God. It’s too easy to think you’re connecting to God when you just go off and do your own thing. Connecting to a concrete community of people is more challenging but more rewarding and more Jewish. 



No comments: