Monday, July 5, 2010

Pinchas Vs. Girls Of Baal

Luke Ford writes:

This week’s Torah portion has so much slaughter and fornication that it would make a good videogame.

I’m normally a very strong man, but there’s just something about Midianite girls that puts the lead in my pencil.

I remember meeting this Christian woman at a party one Sunday night in 1994. We were in an acting group together. We had a nice talk. We hugged.

Even though she believed that a carpenter from Nazareth was God and Messiah, I invited her back to my place.

My place at the time was a 1979 Toyota stationwagon. I’d been living it out of it for a few months while I pursued my acting career. I figured a job would only hold me back from achieving my dreams.

We were standing beside my wagon and I was trying to hold her hand and she was pushing me away. So I invited her inside so that we could be on our own and not let secular morality impinge upon our feelings.

I had the back seat down and all my possessions piled up in cardboard boxes along the sides. In the middle was my comfy duve and two pillows.



No comments: